calhounalumni.com/Forum Forum Index calhounalumni.com/Forum
calhounalumni.com Discussion Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   <a href=/members/register.html>Register</a>Register 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howard E. Crouch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    calhounalumni.com/Forum Forum Index -> Teacher no Longer with us
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carolelinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Howard E. Crouch Reply with quote

I just noted in NEWSDAY (Jan 9th 2007) that Howard E. Crouch, a biology teacher I remember from Calhoun, has passed away. Obituary gave no date of death but funeral was Wednesday January 10th and did not mention he was at Calhoun, only Kennedy H.S.. He had a very distinguished career and served at NY Hospital Cornell Medical Center, Veterans Admin. and 20 years at Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NY and was the founder of an organization I never knew existed, the Damien-Dutton Society for Leprosy Aid in 1944!! He also authored 7 books dealing with the life and work of Blessed Damien, Brother Dutton and the victims of leprosy around the world.
jimbruzz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: Howard E Crouch Reply with quote

To All,

I remember Howard Crouch as a good teacher and mentor. I followed his lead and became a teacher. Later I became a Hospital Administrator as he was at Slone Kettering Memorial.
I spoke with him a few times over the years, most recently in 2005 when he was still active with the Damian Dutton Society.
Howard was a great teacher and outstanding person. He will be missed.
Jim Brush class of 1964
Post new topic   Reply to topic    calhounalumni.com/Forum Forum Index -> Teacher no Longer with us All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: